Monday, August 16, 2010

August 16 2010

Well I started this blog almost a year ago. There are days in which I don't know why I stay and others that I can actually answer the question why stay?

Right now it is really quiet in the office as the camp-out is still happening and most people are not here (on reserve). I find that there are days that despite my best efforts I can't seem to get what I want to get done finished. Other days I can. Especially when trying to help people. Whether it's helping get equipment or just checking their vitals. I find that there is never enough thanks given to any of the nursing/ or support staff. Anyway I guess we do the job not expecting thank-yous but they are nice to get when people do recognize our work.

It has been 3 years since I started working for the Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council as of August 7 2010. According to what some of the community members say, that is one year longer than the non-aboriginal nurses stay. Well someone had to prove their theory wrong. (that I would leave after 2 years). Some say I'm one of them.. who knows what others think of me. But do I care?.... Well kind of..... Anyway I can't please everyone. Anyway lets see what the next year has in store for the travelling I do on the west coast with this job.

No comments:

Post a Comment